"Until you get comfortable with being alone, you’ll never know if you’re choosing someone out of love or loneliness."
5 pieces of advice?
1. Drink water over everything else. When you’re presented with an array of drinks, choose water 95% of the time.
2. If you’re worried about what so-and-so will think, don’t. Fuck so-and-so. What benefit are they to you?
3. Don’t speak out on things you know nothing about. Educate yourself, form your educated opinion, and then speak. You’ll always look incredibly ignorant otherwise, but if you know what you’re talking about, it shows.
4. Do you, booboo.
5. Don’t feel bad about taking self care time. You’re all you have and only you live as you. Do whatever YOU need to do to feel ok in life. Don’t let anyone tell you that you’re more worried about yourself. You have to be. You can balance yourself and still care about the well being of others.
Repeat after me:
Date someone who matches you in emotional development.
Date someone who matches you in emotional intelligence.
Date someone who can support you emotionally.
Salute to the Mothers of our conscious struggle who sacrificed much, so that we could have a tomorrow and to all the courageous Sisters who just weren’t having any of it…
1. Angela Davis
2. Assata Shakur
3. Kathleen Cleaver
4. Sojourner Truth
5. Harriet Tubman
6. Rosa Parks
7. Fannie Lou Hamer
8. Shirley Chisolm
9. Sis. Minister Ava Muhammad
10. Two Sisters who weren’t having it!
"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can."
I wish I was an emotionless creature….
WHAT THE FLYING FUCK?!?!?! AGAIN?!?!
how do you cast a light skin (seemingly) mix race woman to play a dark skin black woman like it’s no fucking big deal?!?!?! this disrespect to our dark skin sisters has go to fucking end. shit!
Because they are trying to white wash black American life on TV.
To me, the fact that they hired a lightskinned woman to play MIssy is secondary to the fact that Missy elliot was fat as hell in the 90s and that chick who’s playing her is thin.
How you gone have a skinny Missy? Doesn’t even make sense.
All of this.